Longtime ABC News investigative reporter Brian Ross is leaving the network seven months after he notoriously tanked the stock market with a false on-air report that former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn would testify against the President. But that wasn’t the first, or second, or even third time that Ross’s investigative scoops have blown up on ABC News. Let’s review:



In a message posted Monday afternoon on Tumblr by ABC News PR, Brian Ross and his producer Rhonda Schwartz have decided to leave ABC “after more than two decades” at the network, leaving multiple scandals in their wake. The news was unsurprising given the chief investigative correspondent’s long history of not only having a liberal bias, but a recent scandal in which he pushed a false scoop on December 1 about former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.



When President Trump announced them in early January, many in the liberal media thought that the Fake News Awards were a bluff and he wouldn’t go through with them. But after having previously been postponed, Trump unveiled the “winners” Wednesday night. Out of the top 10 instances of fake news, CNN was sloppy enough to win four awards with the top spot going to The New York Times. The awards twice noted a Media Research Center study that showed 90 percent of the media’s coverage of him was negative.



On Tuesday, President Trump tweeted he would be “announcing THE MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR” on Monday “in various categories from the Fake News Media." There’s bias, but then there’s sheer incompetence. The biggest media obsession last year was the search for evidence of Trump’s supposed collusion with Russia, in the process, liberal reporters in 2017 repeatedly stumbled into error and were forced to make embarrassing corrections. This post presented eight possible choices that the President could consider.



When you’re the source for “breaking news” but it turns out to be “faking news,” you’re in trouble. ABC “senior investigative correspondent” Brian Ross greeted Gen. Michael Flynn’s plea deal with Robert Mueller by claiming Flynn is “prepared to testify that President Trump, as a candidate, Donald Trump, ordered him — directed him to make contact with the Russians which contradicts all that Donald Trump has said to this point.” The stock market tanked. The report was flat wrong. 



ABC proved its network has a "fake news" problem, after false reports about a former Trump advisor led to a correspondent's suspension. The incident reflected on ABC as a whole because it took the network so long to acknowledge and correct the error, according to MRC Vice President of Business and Culture Dan Gainor. He said it should also leave people wondering “how can you trust anything” from ABC.



In a CNN scoop out Monday, Oliver Darcy and Brian Stelter reported that ABC News President James Goldston angrily tore into his staff on Monday during an editorial conference call, “and announced that [Brian] Ross, the network's chief investigative reporter, will no longer cover stories related to President Trump.” 



Monday morning all three major broadcast networks, ABC, NBC and CBS failed to update their viewers with the news that ABC correspondent Brian Ross had been suspended over the weekend for his false “bombshell” report that led the media’s Russia reports Friday morning.



Early Saturday night, ABC suspended chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross for only four weeks without pay for the latest and most egregious error of the journalist’s career, falsely claiming on Friday that candidate Donald Trump had instructed Michael Flynn to make contact with Russian officials.



On Friday’s World News Tonight, ABC chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross issued an embarrassing correction to a bombshell scoop he offered hours earlier about former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, revealing that Flynn was told by President-elect Trump and not candidate Trump to reach out to Russian officials.



UPDATE, 8:08 p.m. Eastern: Turns out, ABC shouldn’t have gotten too excited about their massive report. Ross eventually had to recant part of this story under the pathetic guise of a “clarification” that Flynn was ordered by Trump as President-elect (and not a candidate) to speak with Russians.



In a recent closed-door testimony to the House Intelligence Committee which was leaked, former Donald Trump bodyguard Keith Schiller destroyed one of the more salacious parts of the Clinton/DNC-funded dossier, regarding Trump and Russian prostitutes. Despite Schiller shooting down the rumors, both ABC and CBS spent Thursday evening speculating about the debunked accusations as if there was something to them.