Wednesday, ABC’s The View devoted an entire show to expectant host Abby Huntsman, celebrating her pregnancy with a baby shower and packed the audience with pregnant women. The irony of the predominantly liberal show celebrating babies is quite ironic considering how the hosts have celebrated a “woman’s right to choose” to kill her baby many times before on the show.
With the notable exception of pro-life host Meghan McCain, hosts Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg, along with previous hosts of the show have been very outspoken in their support, nay enthusiasm for abortion “rights.” Here are just a handful of examples from recent years showcasing this double standard:
- Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar eagerly defended Planned Parenthood during a confrontational interview with 2016 candidate Carly Fiorina, shutting her down repeatedly and exclaiming they were “offended” by her claim that the largest abortion provider in the country harvested fetal organs and tissues.
- On another show, Whoopi again raged when presented with Planned Parenthood facts, even crazily claiming that God approves of abortions:
WHOOPI: [L]isten, my religious background says -- okay -- that I'm supposed to make sure that people are serviced. That's what my religion says.
On a May 23, 2016 episode, Joy Behar gushed that every woman had the right to an abortion, without even informing their partners or husbands.
“I’m telling you, if it was me, and I wanted to do it, I don’t care who care – who tells me what to do,” she argued. “It's my body, I do what I want,” Behar shouted.
- To celebrate the annual March for Life in 2017, the hosts spent a segment arguing in favor of abortion. The hosts took umbrage at the pro-life movement’s terms, while clearly showing they have no idea what pro-life and pro-choice even mean:
WHOOPI: So maybe we should stop talking about being pro-life, or anti-life because nobody is not for life.
SARA HAINES: Or pro-abortion. Because nobody is pro-abortion.
WHOOPI: We are pro-choice. That's a difference.
WHOOPI: What I'm saying is I'm also pro-life. I don't like being having people define the fact that I think having a choice is a good thing. It doesn't make me less of a pro-life person.
- Again in 2017, fellow confused co-host Sunny Hostin claimed she was pro-life but supported a woman’s choice to have an abortion, and demanded pro-life Democrats stop talking about it.
- Perhaps most famously however, Whoopi screamed, "Get out of my vagina!" after Justice Kennedy retired in June of 2018, as the other hosts had a complete meltdown over the status of "women's rights:"
I don't like hearing, again, that I’m trying to take your rights away. I have to tell you, as a woman, I think you're trying to take my rights away. Okay? You don't care....
You don't want people to take your guns? Get out of my behind! Get out of my vagina! Get out![ Applause ]
There are countless more examples of The View hosts going nuts worrying about abortion becoming illegal, so the irony of them now celebrating pregnant women and babies is too rich to ignore.