On Tuesday, Media Research Center founder and president Brent Bozell, along with more than two dozen pro-life leaders, sent letters to the network news chiefs at ABC, CBS, and NBC, protesting their lack of coverage of shocking Planned Parenthood sting videos.
ABC News, in particular, was egregious, as it "has not even aired one second of video footage (with audio) of the Center for Medical Progress's investigative videos," Bozell noted. "This is outrageous and inexcusable," adding:
Your network’s censorship of this taxpayer-funded house of horrors is eerily reminiscent of its censorship of abortionist Kermit Gosnell’s murder trial. Both cases involve revolting acts of violence and ABC’s deliberate censorship of them.
It is difficult to fathom how these videos are not news:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, "I want a Lamborghini" as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O'Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don't want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O'Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
These videos raise serious questions about whether Planned Parenthood has broken federal law by selling human body parts for profit, altering the abortion procedure to obtain specific body parts, committing illegal partial-birth abortions, and committing infanticide. They have prompted state and congressional investigations into Planned Parenthood and shocked our public conscience.
How is it not news to ABC that a taxpayer-funded organization has been caught red-handed—literally—selling the body parts of tiny, defenseless human beings?
[...][I]sn't it even more newsworthy that an organization that receives 40% of its annual budget from United States taxpayers is ripping apart babies and selling their aborted body parts? Isn't that news?We look forward to your reply.
President, Family Research Council