But perhaps the apex of outrage at the Times in 2009 was a textbook case of liberal hypocrisy. In Timesland, unions are vital to the lifeblood of a sound economy -- just not at the Times itself.
In ascending order of awfulness, here are the Top 10 lowlights of the Times in 2009 (you can also read all the gory details at Times Watch).
10. Swooning Over Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor
9. Ignoring Left-Wing Scandals ACORN and Van Jones
8. Editor Sam Tanenhaus, Undertaker for Conservative Movement
7. Birthers vs. Truthers
6. Obituaries: Ted Kennedy vs. Jesse Helms
5. Reporter Rachel Swarns's First Lady Fixation
4. Conservatives to Blame for Killings
3. 2009 GOP Wins Don't Matter; 2005 Dem Wins Were Big Deal
2. Hostile Coverage of Tea Party, Townhall Protests
1. Union Hypocrisy: Outsourcing High-Paying Union Jobs to Florida