I don't know about you, but when I need political guidance, I always look first to Joe Scarborough . . .
Sarcasm aside, on today's Morning Joe, Scarborough said:
"You can't be conservative and support Donald Trump. Trumpists are even saying that now."
Since Scarborough says conservatives can't support President Trump, let's examine the record of the only other major contender in the race. Joe Biden has boasted that he'd be "the most progressive president in history." And his policy positions bear that out. Biden:
- Supports late-term abortions and federal funding of abortion. Wants to make Roe federal law.
- Considers the radical, job-destroying Green New Deal "a crucial framework" for his climate plan.
- Says "no one's going to build another coal plant in America." Would tax carbon emissions and end offshore drilling.
- In possible violation of employment discrimination rules, pledges to nominate a black woman for next Supreme Court vacancy. Nominee, in any case, would support Roe v. Wade.
- On immigration, wants citizenship for illegals. Would sharply reduce deportations.
We could go on, but you get the picture. Biden is a radical leftist in the clothing of "good 'ol moderate Joe." Yet this is whom Scarborough is effectively telling conservatives they must support? Don't think so, Joe. And the numbers bear that out: a recent poll shows an overwhelming majority of Republicans, 86%, continuing to support President Trump.
Note: after claiming that even "Trumpists" are criticizing President Trump now, Scarborough threw it to John Heilemann, who said that ardent Trump supporter Lindsey Graham has been signaling to Trump to dial it back. Maybe so, but trust us, Joe: in a billion years, Graham won't be supporting Biden.
Here's the transcript.
6:12 am EDT
JOE SCARBOROUGH: I don’t think the media should run the daily briefings, but it’s not because I’m afraid they’re helping Donald Trump. I just — they’re not news. But they’re actually hurting Donald Trump day in and day out. People see Cuomo, even lifelong Republicans tell me, they look at Cuomo and they’re like, God, there’s a leader.
Why can’t Donald Trump stop tweeting? Why can’t he shut his mouth? Why can’t he just do his job? Obviously those are all rhetorical questions. He can’t do it. But he’s really damaging his political standing by going out every day and engaging in clownish behavior. And that’s, by the way, conservatives — well, not conservatives. You can’t be conservative and support Donald Trump. Trumpists are even saying that now.