Former President Donald Trump has joined YouTube alternative Rumble.
Trump’s account is verified and has just one video so far, an upload of Saturday’s rally in Ohio.
Several prominent conservatives have also joined Rumble. Charlie Kirk, Sean Hannity, Dan Bongino, and Donald Trump Jr. all have accounts.
YouTube suspended the former president’s official YouTube channel in January.
“1/ After review, and in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, we removed new content uploaded to Donald J. Trump’s channel for violating our policies. It now has its 1st strike & is temporarily prevented from uploading new content for a *minimum* of 7 days,” YouTube said in a tweet, referring to the platform’s “strike” system.
“2/ Given the ongoing concerns about violence, we will also be indefinitely disabling comments on President Trump’s channel, as we’ve done to other channels where there are safety concerns found in the comments section…”
Trump’s account remains suspended, and the platform has indicated that it will not reinstate the channel anytime soon.
"’In light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, the Donald J. Trump channel will remain suspended,’" YouTube told USA TODAY at the time. “The suspension prevents the uploading of new videos or livestreams to the channel. Comments on the channel, which has nearly 2.8 million subscribers, are also disabled indefinitely.”
YouTube has been a long-time enemy of the former president. During the summer of 2019 alone, YouTube removed over 300 ads from Trump’s reelection campaign.
Conservatives are under attack. Contact YouTube at 650-253-0000 and demand that Big Tech be held to account to mirror the First Amendment while providing transparency, clarity on “hate speech” and equal footing for conservatives. If you have been censored, contact us at the Media Research Center contact form, and help us hold Big Tech accountable.