Editor’s note: Content is disturbing. Also, please note, original video is no longer accessible due to judge orders. Copy of video is available below.
The liberal media routinely refuse to show the American public abortion for what it is: the barbaric destruction of an unborn baby. But new undercover footage is filling that gap – and uncovering the gruesome practices committed by abortion industry.
On Wednesday, the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) released horrific new undercover footage revealing “what it’s like inside” the National Abortion Federation (NAF) 2014 and 2015 conventions. A compiled “preview” of the footage showed abortionists laughing and talking about eyeballs falling into their laps, pulling off “a leg or two” along with commending “financial incentives.”
CMP first made headlines in 2015, when the self-described “group of citizen journalists” published videos exposing Planned Parenthood’s harvesting of aborted baby parts. According to CMP, Planned Parenthood employees make up roughly half NAF leadership and membership. NAF represents abortion providers in North America.
The 3-minute preview of the new footage included the following, shocking, quotes:
- “Our stories don’t really have a place in a lot of pro-choice discourse and rhetoric, right? The heads that get stuck that we can’t get out. The hemorrhages that we manage.” – Planned Parenthood of Michigan Medical Director Dr. Lisa Harris
- “The fetus is a tough little object, and taking it – I mean, taking it apart on day one is very difficult.” – Planned Parenthood Mar Monte Abortion Provider Dr. Susan Robinson
- “An eyeball just fell into my lap, and that is gross! – Planned Parenthood Federation of America Consortium of Abortion Providers (CAPS) Founder Dr. Uta Landy
- “But we certainly do intact D&Es [dilation and extraction].” – Planned Parenthood of New York City Director of Abortion Services Dr. Stacey De-Lin
- “If I’m doing a procedure, and I’m seeing that I’m in fear that it’s about to come to the umbilicus [navel], I might ask for a second set of forceps to hold the body at the cervix, and pull off a leg, or two, so it’s not PBA [partial birth abortion].” – Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast Director of Abortion Services Dr. Ann Schutt-Aine
- “Let’s just give them all the violence, it’s a person, it’s killing, let’s just give them all that.” – Planned Parenthood of Michigan Medical Director Dr. Lisa Harris
- “But I think that a financial incentive from you guys is going to be like, to the people who we have to get this approved from will be very happy about it.” – Planned Parenthood of New York City Director of Abortion Services Dr. Stacey De-Lin
- “I know Planned Parenthood sells a lot of stuff [fetal organs] to people.” – Planned Parenthood of Maryland Medical Director Emeritus Dr. Paul Blumenthal
- “But the truth is, that some might want to do it for, to increase their revenues. And we can’t stop them.” – Planned Parenthood Federation of America CAPS National Director Deb VanDerhei
The video release came as Steve Cooley and Associates (SCA), former Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley and former Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Brentford J. Ferreira publicized their defense of CMP Project Lead David Daleiden “against the grossly politically-motivated prosecution from the California Attorney General’s office.”
In late March, California Attorney General Xavier Becerra announced 15 criminal charges filed against two CMP executives, Daleiden and Sandra Merritt, for invasion of privacy. Not only did the networks twist the story, but also they hid Becerra’s past financial connections with Planned Parenthood.
According to SCA, the “accusers were listed in the complaint as Does 1 through 14.” Only after a demurrer was filed did the Attorney General send a password-protected list of those Does while also claiming that the “names were somehow confidential.”
“There is no protective order in place in state court that would protect the names of the Does and David is entitled to a public defense,” SCA commented, before listing the Does’ names (some of whom appear in the preview video): Dr. Carri Ann Terrell, Dr. Stephen Hindes, Dr. Susan Robinson, Ms. Amy Miller, Dr. Lisa Harris, Dr. Mathew Reeves, Ms. Debbie Bamberger, Dr. Norma Jo Waxman, Dr. Deborah Nucatola, Dr. Mary Gatter, Dr. Felczer, Ms. Cate Dyer, Mr. Kevin Cooksy, and Ms. Megan Barr.
As a part of their announcement, SCA launched a “new media resource page” where the “media can track the progress” of the case.
Whether they will or not is another question.
Network History on CMP Video Coverage
Since the release of CMP’s first video on July 14, the broadcast network news shows have worked hard to avoid publicizing the story – and when they did, they refused to even utter the word “baby.”
Two months after the first video’s release, MRC Culture found that ABC, NBC and CBS had aired a mere 0.13% of the CMP footage during their news shows – or 1 minute, 13 seconds of more than 16 hours. And in early October 2015, MRC Culture discovered that the networks spent more time combined airing Cecile Richards’ defense of Planned Parenthood during a congressional hearing than showing the actual videos themselves.
From the beginning, liberal media news outlets raced to defend Planned Parenthood. In the first 9 hours and 30 minutes of news shows broadcast after the story broke, ABC, NBC and CBS, spent only 39 seconds on the first video. It took more than 24 hours before all three covered the story. In the week after the first video, the networks gave a mere 9 minutes and 11 seconds to the story (in contrast, the nets devoted more than three times that to the Susan G. Komen controversy, when the charity temporarily decided to defund the abortion giant).
ABC, NBC and CBS prioritized animals over aborted babies, by covering the shooting of Cecil the lion more in one day than they did these videos in two weeks and in their reporting on birth of the National Zoo’s panda cubs.
As more videos have been released, the networks have ignored far more videos than they have covered.
Not only that, but also they refused to cover the tens of thousands of Americans speaking out against Planned Parenthood during nationwide rallies held in late August – except as a side note when CBS tried to connect the event to arson.
While the networks covered rallies against Planned Parenthood in Jan. 2017, they omitted from their reports that abortion activists tried to disrupt pro-lifers and clashed with police.
Citing information from MRC studies, both Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) and members of Congress led by Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) have slammed the media for their lack of coverage on the videos.
Hundreds of media outlets, including the networks, boast a long, cozy history with Planned Parenthood.
The media similarly stayed silent on the case of Philadelphia abortionist Kermit Gosnell. Gosnell's trial, in which witnesses described baby abortion survivors “swimming" in toilets “to get out,” attracted a scant 12–15 reporters. Only after 56 days, multiple letters from members of the House of Representatives and a public outcry, did all three broadcast networks report on Gosnell.