Remember back in 2005, when the major media turned Cindy Sheehan into their anti-Bush heroine of the moment? They never seemed to notice her statements made her sound like a very anti-American radical fruitcake. On August 15, 2005 (video here), Sheehan went on Hardball and told Chris Matthews the U.S. was using Iraq "as a base for spreading imperialism." An impressed Matthews suggested: "You sound more informed than most U.S. Congresspeople, so maybe you should run."
So perhaps Matthews will retract his statement and debate her on air, because Cindy Sheehan is now a "deather," insisting that the "Empire" faked their Sunday victory over Osama bin Laden. This is not a leg-thrill moment for Matthews. The Washington Post noticed at the very bottom of a Tuesday story by Emily Wax on page C7 this note from Sheehan’s Facebook page:
I am sorry, but if you believe the newest death of OBL, you're stupid. Just think to yourself--they paraded Saddam's dead sons around to prove they were dead--why do you suppose they hastily buried this version of OBL at sea? This lying, murderous Empire can only exist with your brainwashed consent -- just put your flags away and THINK!
Will Matthews agree she’s better informed than most members of Congress now? But the whole Facebook page is a festival of wackiness. For example:
– "I am going to go take a walk in the wonderful sunshine--now that OBL is dead, I feel safe and the birds are singing and the nuclear disaster is over; our oceans are clean and wars have ended. This is the Dawning of The Age of Aquarius. Let the Sunshine! (We can use our plastic sheeting and duct tape now for painting our kitchens). I know! LET'S GO SHOPPING!!!"
– "I guess I am a deather--and now the "news" is getting their "news" items from Facebook, because this is the only place I have ever said anything about this newest fraud perpetrated on the gullible Duh-merican sheeple."
– Over a picture of Obama as the star of the Jim Carrey movie Liar Liar: "The Empire lies, as by necessity, does the Emperor."
– "Well, the silver lining around the dark cloud is that this is obviously the last time Osama can be killed. The Empire shot its wad, if not Osama. I am out now, for the day. What a day. Sigh."
– "One more I couldn't resist from friend Tom Foil): Osama gets killed more than Kenny. They killed Osama! you bastards! lol. They should make a cartoon called Middle East Park and have Osama get killed every episode...(really good night, this time)."
Sheehan also linked to her blog, the one with the Obama-as-grim-reaper image, that has more bizarre copy, like this:
The Bush/Obama freak show didn’t invent using "convenient" enemies, nor did it invent killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people exploiting these enemies. It’s not that I don’t believe Obama about Osama because he’s Obama, I don’t believe him because he is just one in along line of butt-naked Emperors.
....It was widely reported and ridiculed today that I don’t believe that Osama bin Laden is dead and that makes me a "Deather." I guess this slur is a riff on the "Birther" movement that claims that the current POTUS was not born in the US and therefore is not qualified to be in office—I think the Birther movement is a ruse and distraction from the real issues, as is OBL’s latest death.
First of all, I find it cute that the Lamestream media is reading my Facebook wall and reporting it as "news." That’s almost as ridiculous as reporting what Obama said on Sunday evening as "news." The only proof of Osama being dead again that we were offered was Obama telling us that there was a DNA match between the man killed by the Navy SEALS and OBL. Even if it is possible to get DNA done so quickly, and the regime did have bin Laden DNA lying around a lab somewhere--where is the empirical proof? I read one analysis where a wagging tongue said we know because "people who know" have told us. Now we don't actually have to see proof? So we just accept the words as proof? Here’s some more food for thought—one doesn’t have to be dead to have a DNA test done. They don’t kill deadbeat dads to prove paternity, do they?
....Secondly (from my "first of all" above), I never said anywhere, not even on my Facebook Wall, that I don’t think Osama bin Laden is dead—this is just another smokescreen. I said that I don’t believe the story that protruded from the evil collusion of the Empire and its toady Lamestream media like a cancerous mole that has metastasized to the size of a grapefruit. Like I told Anderson Cooper in August of 2005, "reporting" is not regurgitating the spiel of the Emperor or his spokesliar.
How exploitative does the anti-Bush media look now? This woman will not be the toast of the news media now -- and shouldn't have been the toast back in 2005. Sheehan later attacked Cooper for having the audacity to put on Sheehan critics after her on August 17, 2005.
# # #