In today's Pot Calling the Kettle Black moment, Bill Maher thinks CNBC's Jim Cramer isn't helping by suggesting that President Barack Obama is Lenin.
This coming from a man who built an entire weekly television program on HBO savagely attacking George W. Bush and anyone associated with his Administration.
Despite the obvious hypocrisy, on Friday's "Real Time," as Maher was talking to CNBC's Erin Burnett about economic and financial coverage on her network, he actually said the following (video embedded below the fold, h/t NB reader Al Holloway):
I don't know if people like Jim Cramer, is doing, is helping, you know when he says Obama is, is Lenin now.
Marvelously, Burnett shot back:
Well, it's interesting because Jim is a Democrat I must say. So, I was a little surprised by his take (inaudible) he's frustrated by the tax policy.
Not only that, but he was also an Obama supporter.
Regardless, it is indeed fascinating that Maher is suddenly protective of the White House, and believes criticism of the president is counter-productive. After all, this is a man who:
- Invited former Mexican President Vicente Fox on his program to insult President Bush
- Said Bush has American blood on his hands
- Called General David Petraeus a stooge
- Predicted America would regain prestige once Bush was out of office
- Referred to Bush as a paranoid schizophrenic
- Called Bush and Cheney traitors
- Said Bush has taken away civil rights
- Expressed remorse over the March 2007 attempt on Cheney's life having failed
- Called Bush a dolt and a Gilligan who can't find his ass with two hands
- Referred to Bush as a retarded child emperor
- Said Bush had Down's Syndrome