Twitter exploded with reactions over former Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s decision to take his new show to the Elon Musk-owned platform.
Leftists are triggered by Carlson’s announcement that he will continue his show amid his abrupt exit from Fox News. The news was, as expected, met with hilarious animosity from fringe Twitter keyboard-warrior leftists — including Occupy Democrats, the infamous Alex Vindman and anti-speech advocates — who apparently couldn’t handle the fact that Tucker won’t be silenced and now are railing at Musk for supposedly promoting racism and so-called “hate.”
Radical activist organization Occupy Democrats called Carlson a racist and padded itself on its back after Tribel — a relatively obscure leftist Twitter-like social media app — banned Carlson and called on Musk to follow suit.
Alex Vindman — the infamous intel officer behind former President Donald Trump’s first impeachment — accused both Musk and Carlson of promoting so-called “disinformation.”
“Only the most fringe, conspiracy spinning agent of chaos and peddler of disinformation,” Vindman tweeted Tuesday. “Only the most ardent supporter of hate and promoter of division would invite @TuckerCarlson to host a program on their platform. What does all this say about @elonmusk?”
Echoing Vindman’s leftist weeping Jonathan Greenblatt, the CEO of the brazenly leftist Anti-Defamation League, accused Carlson of supposedly promoting what he claimed to be “hate.”
“Tucker Carlson used his primetime show to spread antisemitic, racist, xenophobic and anti-LGBTQ+ hate to millions,” railed Greenblatt, who has worked to censor speech. “Now, he has a new platform to promote his hateful views.”
Carlson had been notoriously censored a number of times by Big Tech according to MRC Free Speech America’s exclusive CensorTrack.org database. For example: In March 2023, Twitter deleted a Carlson tweet that affirmed President Joe Biden’s transgender Health Assistant Secretary Dr. Rachel Levine’s biological gender. Carlson’s account was reportedly suspended by the old Twitter regime for a time for his tweet but was restored later.
This wouldn’t be the first time Carlson had been censored. In 2020, Twitter slapped a sensitive label on a video posted by his now-canceled show, Tucker Carlson Tonight. In November 2020, the same label was slapped on a Tucker Carlson Originals tweet about the southern border. In both cases, Twitter claimed Carlson’s tweets contained potentially sensitive content and required users to click through the filter in order to see the tweets.
It looks like Carlson is getting the last laugh on the platform after all.
While Musk clarified that he had not signed a deal with Carlson over a new show, he said in a tweet that the ex-Fox News host will be able to make money through subscriptions and advertising.
“I also want to be clear that we have not signed a deal of any kind whatsoever,” Musk said on Tuesday. “Tucker is subject to the same rules & rewards of all content creators. Rewards means subscriptions and advertising revenue share (coming soon), which is a function of how many people subscribe and the advertising views associated with the content.”
Leftist talking heads understand how Carlson and Musk could threaten their monopoly over online information, which could explain why they appear to be panicking, a point echoed by Human Events Senior Editor and podcast host Jack Posobiec. “Bring back Twitter streaming,” Posobiec tweeted. “Launch Twitter Live apps for Roku, Fire, Apple TV, etc Become the greatest video platform in the universe.”
Musk responded to Posobiec with a simple but revealing answer: “Coming.”
Conservatives are under attack. Contact your representatives and demand that Big Tech be held to account to mirror the First Amendment while providing transparency, clarity on so-called hate speech and equal footing for conservatives. If you have been censored, contact us at the Media Research Center contact form, and help us hold Big Tech accountable.