The anti-free speech Biden administration has yet another woke initiative aimed at turning artificial intelligence into another political tool to advance wokeness.
Following recent executive actions on artificial intelligence (AI), the Biden White House announced May 23 “New Steps to Advance Responsible Artificial Intelligence Research, Development, and Deployment.” These so-called “steps” included an “updated roadmap to focus federal investments [i.e. taxpayer dollars] in AI research and development” and an advice questionnaire. The White House also hosted “a listening session with workers.” The White House’s request for “advice” on future AI actions, however, appears to be hellbent on furthering leftist political narratives and influencing elections.
The White House announcement promoted a “Request for Information National Priorities for Artificial Intelligence” questionnaire from the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP). The document disclosed that the Biden administration was creating “a National Artificial Intelligence (AI) Strategy” that will supposedly “chart a path for the United States to harness the benefits and mitigate the risks of AI.” Besides standard questions about issues such as national security risks, the document included politicized questions like the following:
- “How does AI affect the United States’ commitment to cut greenhouse gases [sic] by 50-52% by 2030, and the Administration’s objective of net-zero greenhouse gas emissions no later than 2050?
- What are the opportunities for AI to enhance equity and how can these be fostered?
- What additional considerations or measures are needed to assure that AI mitigates algorithmic discrimination, advances equal opportunity, and promotes positive outcomes for all[?]
- How might existing laws and policies be updated to account for inequitable impacts from AI systems?
- What are the key challenges posed to democracy by AI systems? How should the United States address the challenges that AI-generated content poses to the information ecosystem, education, electoral process, participatory policymaking, and other key aspects of democracy?”
“The Biden administration said the quiet part out loud. Using AI to interfere in elections is one of the key tactics the left intends to use to hold on to the White House. AI is already being used to figure out how to manipulate and control what people think. We have a short window to stop this attack on our rights,” Dan Schneider, VP for Free Speech America, said.
Government collusion with Big Tech to censor the Hunter Biden scandals ultimately helped steal the 2020 presidential election for Joe Biden, based on a Media Research Center poll. Is the Biden administration pondering more election-interfering censorship for the 2024 election using AI? Is AI just the newest field for Big Tech-government collusion?
As noted in the Tuesday White House announcement, the U.S. Department of Education Office of Educational Technology also has a new report out, “Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Teaching and Learning: Insights and Recommendations,” concerning the use of AI in education. Will that be an opportunity for woke propaganda?
Conservatives are under attack. Contact the White House here and demand it mirror the First Amendment while providing transparency on AI, clarity on so-called hate speech and equal footing for conservatives. If you have been censored, contact us at the Media Research Center contact form, and help us hold Big Tech accountable.