Ellen DeGeneres loves to say she’s not very political. On April 6 of this year, she started out her daytime show fulminating against an “anti-gay” law in Mississippi.“I’m not a political person, I’m really not,” DeGeneres told her audience. “But this is not politics, this is human rights.”
But on April 11, 2016, donation records show DeGeneres of Crazy Monkey Inc. in Encino, California, donated $33,400 to the Democratic National Committee, in addition to 10 donations of $518 each to ten state Democratic Party organizations:
- $518 to the Georgia Federal Elections Committee (D)
- $518 to the Idaho State Democratic Party
- $518 to the Democratic State Central Cmte/Louisiana [her home state]
- $518 to the Missouri Democratic State Cmte
- $518 to the Democratic Party of Montana
- $518 to the Rhode Island Democratic State Cmte
- $518 to the Democratic Party of South Carolina
- $518 to the Democratic Cmte of Utah
- $518 to the West Virginia State Democratic Exec Cmte
- $518 to the Wyoming State Democratic Exec Cmte
In addition, the “nonpartisan” DeGeneres donated $2,700 to Hillary Clinton on November 30, 2015. That would put her over $40,000 for the cycle.
In the last cycle, on June 9, 2011, she gave $2,500 to Barack Obama and $30,800 to the DNC.