2) Over the course of its existence, our planet has been much colder and much warmer than it is today, having endured periodic ice ages and various cataclysmic natural events. That being the case, why would anyone choose to believe that human beings are responsible for the earth's most recent, and relatively mild, climatic shift?
3) The Bush doctrine of preemptive warfare would - in all likelihood - have saved tens of millions of lives had it been implemented against Nazi Germany prior to Hitler's invasion of Poland in 1939. So why do human rights activists today insist that stopping Islamofascists from acquiring nuclear weapons isn't worth the cost in human life?
4) Monetary transactions between private citizens are what fuel our economy. The government taxes private citizens, thereby removing money from the economy. Since economic growth is dependent upon increased monetary transactions within the private sector, why do Democrat lawmakers routinely propose raising taxes, especially on those citizens who invest the most money in our economy?
5) The word viable - as it applies to human beings - means capable of life or normal growth and development. An unborn human being during every stage of gestation is clearly alive and capable of normal development, unless he or she is genetically predisposed to abnormal growth or is hindered in some way from developing naturally by an external force. That being the case, why do some people argue that unborn human beings are non-viable during the earliest stages of their development, and therefore, appropriate candidates for abortion?
6) The Geneva Conventions' protocols relative to the treatment of prisoners of war, were created for the purpose of holding the signatories of the various treaties which make up those Conventions to a certain moral standard of behavior during times of war. Any entity, be it a nation, group, or individual, that does not adhere to the standards set forth therein, is not subject to the Conventions' protections under international law. How then can one justify affording such protections to terrorists, who ignore all of the aforementioned behavioral standards?
Oh, and one last thing...
7) If George W. Bush is as stupid as so many liberals claim, how did he manage to steal an election, mastermind 9/11, cover up his administration's involvement in that event after the fact, con practically every Congressional Democrat into going to war with Iraq just so he could further enrich his cronies in the oil industry, single-handedly destroy every American's civil rights via the Patriot Act, and then steal a second election on top of all that? And if he's really an evil genius, which he'd surely have to be to get away with even half of those things, why aren't his primary political adversaries in prison on trumped-up criminal charges right now... or dead?
By Edward L. Daley
Owner of the Daley Times-Post