Los resultados de las investigaciones de control interno que encontraron evidencias de mal manejo, que potencialmente pudo poner en riesgo información de seguridad nacional, debido a las malas prácticas en el uso de los correos electrónicos por parte de Hillary Clinton, cuando se desempeñó como secretaria de estado, fueron examinadas por las principales cadenas hispanoparlantes. Hasta ahora, Telemundo ha dedicado más tiempo a la noticia en desarrollo, mientras que cobertura de Univisión y MundoFox al asunto se ha limitado a breves resúmenes.
Jose Diaz-Balart


U.S. Inspector General findings that Hillary Clinton evidently mishandled - and potentially compromised - national security information through her rogue email practices as secretary of state of the United States were the subject of scrutiny on the nation’s top Spanish-language networks. So far, Telemundo has dedicated the most time to the developing story, while Univision and MundoFox coverage of the matter has been limited to news briefs.

El conductor de Telemundo, José Díaz Balart, no logró llegar muy lejos cuando trató de cuestionar a Donald Trump durante el viaje del candidato republicano dominante a la frontera entre los Estados Unidos y México.

Telemundo anchor José Díaz-Balart did not get very far trying to question Donald Trump during the leading Republican presidential candidate’s recent trip to the U.S.-Mexico border.
As Díaz-Balart started to launch into a question, with the words “Many feel that what you said when you said that people that cross the border are rapists and murderers” Trump abruptly cut Díaz-Balart off and lambasted what he termed media “misinterpretation,” to loud cheers from onlookers.

Donald Trump’s presidential campaign announcement comments about Mexico and the quality of the current inflow of unauthorized Mexican immigrants to the U.S. have caused a firestorm in national Spanish-language media.
Hasta ahora, Telemundo ha empleado más tiempo reaccionado a las declaraciones de Trump, y por su parte Rolando Nichols de MundoFox, las tomó a nivel personal.
Después del fallo del Tribunal Federal de Apelaciones del 5to Circuito contra la petición del gobierno de Obama para avanzar con su amnistía ejecutiva, el conductor de MSNBC y Telemundo, José Díaz-Balart invitó a dos activistas de distintas corrientes ideológicas, Daniel Garza, director ejecutivo de la Iniciativa LIBRE, y Alain Cisneros, de Texas Organizing Project, para debatir sobre el fallo y el tema migratorio en su programa dominical, Enfoque.
In the wake of the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals’ ruling against a request from the Obama administration to move forward with his executive amnesty, MSNBC and Telemundo anchor José Díaz-Balart invited two activists from opposite ends of the ideological spectrum - LIBRE Executive Director Dan Garza and the Texas Organizing Project’s Alain Cisneros - to discuss the ruling and the topic of immigration on his weekly talk show, Enfoque.

The media’s outpouring of positive headlines regarding Bruce ‘Caitlyn’ Jenner’s transition to a woman continued on the June 2 edition of The Rundown. Host Jose Diaz Balart interviewed transgender activist Michael Silverman on the subject, and they both lauded her physical appearance. Toward the end of the conversation, Balart went over the top, using Jenner’s transition to voice his concerns about tolerance:
Appearing on MSNBC’s The Rundown on Monday, The Atlantic’s Washington editor-at-large Steve Clemons dismissed criticism of the Obama administration trading five Taliban prisoners for Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl: “Well, look, I think we need to turn this on its head. There's been a lot of conventional reporting about the Taliban Five....These are important people, but they were largely paper pushers.”

“Deportation Relief Stuck” was the title of a slanted segment on the latest edition of Enfoque, Telemundo’s weekly public affairs talk show. Host José Díaz-Balart allowed Congressman Luis Gutiérrez (D-IL) to go unchallenged as the segment’s sole guest in the discussion of the plight of President Obama’s Executive Amnesty, the implementation of which has so far been blocked by federal courts.

“Alivio de deportación estancado” fue el titular de la última edición de Enfoque, el programa dominical de actualidad noticiosa de Telemundo. El conductor, José Díaz-Balart, permitió al congresista Luis Gutiérrez (D-Il), como único invitado, presentar la versión a favor de las acciones ejecutivas en materia migratoria del presidente Obama, sin ningún balance o cuestionamiento. La amnistía ejecutiva ha sido bloqueada por cortes federales.

Contrary to when Ted Cruz announced he was seeking the presidency, the extremist label has hardly been applied to self-avowed Democratic-Socialist Bernie Sanders (I-VT) as he prepared to launch his 2016 campaign with an event in Vermont. While the mainstream press frequently labeled Cruz radical, dangerous, and slimy, no such words were used to describe the Vermont Senator on the May 26 edition of The Rundown with Jose Diaz Balart. In fact, guests Mark Murray and Steve Kornacki both gave rather glowing reviews of Sanders.
