Appearing as a guest on Wednesday's MSNBC Live, Linda Sarsour of the Arab-American Association of New York received no pushback from host Jose Diaz-Balart over her inflammatory assertion that some of the Republican presidential candidates "think they can mass murder civilians across the world" to defeat the ISIS threat.
She also absurdly claimed that the U.S. killed 650,000 civilians in Iraq, even though most estimates place the total number of Iraqis killed by the U.S. military much lower.
Jose Diaz-Balart

On Wednesday, The New York Times posted an article by reporter Robert Pear calling out Marco Rubio for taking the pen to Obamacare in the budget legislation from last year. On Thursday, it appeared on the front page with the headline “Rubio Measure Delivered a Blow to Healthy Law.”

It was a priceless TV moment. Here was law professor Sahar Aziz on Jose Diaz-Balart's MSNBC show complaining about anti-Muslim bias in the US and insisting we don't know the motive behind the San Bernardino massacre. Aziz called the San Bernardino attack a "workplace violent act," pointing to the lack of any claim of responsibility or link to a terrorist group.
But literally seconds after Aziz signed off—without so much as a commercial break—NBC's Pete Williams came on to announce that just before the attack, the wife in the terrorist couple, Tashfeen Malik, "posted a statement of support for the ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on a Facebook page." Williams added that such expressions of support for ISIS and for ISIS leaders, "does seem to follow a pattern that has been used in other ISIS-inspired attacks." It's okay, Professor Aziz: retroactive correction accepted!

Maybe Martin O'Malley could come up with a list of all the constitutional rights which, as president, he would suspend. On Jose Diaz-Balart's MSNBC show today, discussing the rights of Americans to buy guns, O'Malley said "the very fact that Paul Ryan would start talking about due process and these sorts of issues, I mean I think is outrageous" in the wake of San Bernardino.
During an appearance earlier in the day on Morning Joe, Ryan had discussed the need to respect due process in the context of politicians, including President Obama, who complain that people on no-fly lists are not ipso facto prohibited from buying guns. Ryan pointed out that some people are placed on such lists mistakenly.

Ruth Marcus has come close to blaming Republicans for the Colorado Springs shootings. Appearing on Jose Diaz-Balart's MSNBC show today, Washington Post columnist Marcus said that "the Republican candidates . . . have been part of the inflamed and inflammatory rhetoric about Planned Parenthood, about the sale of baby parts, about dismembering live babies . . . I think it's a fair conclusion, especially based on his . . . alleged mentioning of 'no more baby parts,' that this kind of rhetoric helped create this environment."
Really? Is there no room for people--without being accused of inflaming people to commit murder--to express their opposition to abortion and to the largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood? To state what the videos indisputably demonstrate: that among other things that PP was in the business of selling baby body parts?
According to Politico, NBC News President Deborah Turness had another public relations snafu fall into her lap this week, but this one was self-inflicted as she told a group of Hispanic lawmakers (i.e. Democrats) that illegal immigrants were “illegals” and later flopped in trying to speak in Spanish to show them that she’s committed to diversity at NBC.
Veteran MSNBC watchers have surely noticed the Obama-loving network's extreme hostility to black Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson. These attacks and the pressure against Carson, compared to other Republicans in the race, has been intense. As a black conservative, Dr. Carson has taken extreme criticism and scrutiny for his words.

Appearing as a guest on Friday's MSNBC Live with Jose Diaz-Balart, San Francisco Board of Supervisors member David Campos defended his city's decision to keep its sanctuary city policy, and, as he began his defense, he absurdly claimed that, although the killing of Kate Steinle by an illegal immigrant was "tragic," that it is "equally tragic" that people like Donald Trump and Bill O'Reilly "scapegoat" "undocumented immigrants."

Los principales noticiarios vespertinos de las dos mayores cadenas hispanoparlantes, Noticiero Univisión y Noticiero Telemundo, trasmitieron masivamente más noticias sobre Trump que las tres principales cadenas angloparlantes, un nivel extraordinario de cobertura.

Donald Trump’s entry into the U.S. presidential race changed all that. During the three months that elapsed between the day of Trump’s campaign announcement speech on June 16 and September 15, the day before the second Republican presidential candidates’ debate, Trump was the subject of 304 minutes of combined evening news coverage on Univision and Telemundo, compared with a total of 271 minutes on ABC, CBS and NBC.

If there was ever any doubt about whether unauthorized immigrants take positions away from U.S. citizens, it was just dispelled when the City Council of Huntington Park, California decided to appoint two unauthorized immigrants to serve on two separate city commissions.
During his MSNBC newscast on thursday morning, Jose Diaz-Balart abandoned his reporting to push his opinion on the death of “Cecil The Lion.” In the newscast, Diaz-Balart, along with Democratic Congresswoman Betty McCollum from Minnesota, called a larger focus on animal rights, and condemned big game hunting in general.
