Editor's Note: For the list of NewsBusters T-shirt contest winners, skip to the end of this post. Click here to enter the contest.
It's time once again for "Five for Five," this time around we unveil the top five Journalistic Obamagasms Exposed by NewsBusters.
We know what you're thinking: "Only five?!"
Since they're all so equally good, or bad, as the case may be, I'll leave it to you folks to rank them in the comments section.
- Chris Matthews's restless leg syndrome ["Matthews: Obama Speech Caused 'Thrill Going Up My Leg'" from February 13, 2008]
- The birds of the air declaring the glory of Barack ["ABC: 'National Pride' Made Cold Feel Warmer as Seagulls 'Awed' by Obama's Inaugural" from January 20, 2009]
- Evan Thomas (sort of) deifying Obama ["Newsweek's Evan Thomas: Obama Is 'Sort of God'" from June 5, 2009]
- Chris Matthews explaining his mission in life ["Matthews: My Job Is to Make Obama Presidency a Success" from November 6, 2008]
- Time magazine wishing everyone a Merry Obamamas ["Time Mag: Obama a 'Prince' Like Jesus Born of 'Imagination, History and Hope'" from November 11, 2008]
- Harriett G. of Anderson, Ind.
- Michael B. of Everglades City, Fla.
- Kimberly D. of Los Alamos, Calif.
- April E. of Youngstown, Ohio
- Michael E. of Shelbyville, Ind.
- Loran C. of San Francisco, Calif.
- Paul L. of Peaks Island, Maine
- Laurel A. of Aurora, Colo.
- Joseph Y. of Springfield, Ky.
- Chester S. of La Grande, Ore.
- Matt T. of Los Angeles, Calif.
- Debbie S. of Joliet, Ill.
- Helene S. of Elgin, Tex.
- Paul H. of West Chester, Pa.
- Nick L. of Concord, N.C.
- Steven J. of Naples, Fla.
- Eileen B. of Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- John F. of Herndon, Va.
- Kenneth E. of Wichita, Kan.
- Keith R. of Kalispell, Mont.
- H.R. H. of Berlin, Md.
- Max A. of Lenoir, N.C.
- Fredrick G. of San Diego, Calif.
- Savanah M. of Roswell, Ga.
- Margaret B. of Kenner, La.