By Randy Hall | August 29, 2013 | 12:52 AM EDT

During Monday's debut of Keith Olbermann's new weeknight program on the ESPN2 sports channel -- unsurprisingly called Olbermann -- it took him only 48 seconds to stray from sports reporting into his former role as political commentator while slamming a reporter with the New York Daily News for “making up” a story on whether New York Jets coach Rex Ryan would be fired.

“Reporting is dead; long live making something out of nothing,” the leftist former host of programs on MSNBC and the Current TV channel declared. A few minutes earlier, Olbermann stated that New Jersey governor Chris Christie had “signed in” on the controversy, and even though the host had promised “the show wouldn't be about politics,” he broke his word because “I agree with the governor.”

By Noel Sheppard | August 14, 2013 | 6:51 PM EDT

For years, Keith Olbermann mercilessly attacked George W. Bush on his MSNBC program Countdown.

Despite this, the producers of Olbermann's upcoming program on ESPN2 told the Hollywood Reporter Wednesday that they've reached out to Bush to appear on the show:

By Noel Sheppard | August 10, 2013 | 11:42 AM EDT

Keith Olbermann on Friday was booed for making fun of Al Gore.

Potentially even funnier, this happened moments after CBS’s Craig Ferguson mocked Olbermann for owning “a little dog that fits in your purse as you go around to your outspoken liberal meetings” (video follows with transcribed highlights and commentary):

By Noel Sheppard | July 24, 2013 | 6:40 PM EDT

The New York Times claimed last week that Keith Olbermann was given a new late night show on ESPN2 with the caveat that he not discuss politics.

Speaking to reporters at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour Wednesday, Olbermann denied this saying, "There's no such clause that said I could not talk about politics, there is no such clause referring to content about anything that we might do on the show."

By Noel Sheppard | July 17, 2013 | 12:02 PM EDT

It appears people really don't learn from their mistakes.

Despite Keith Olbermann departing ESPN in 1997 under a cloud of controversy, the sports channel is reportedly giving him his own late night program with the caveat that he doesn't discuss politics.

By Randy Hall | June 6, 2013 | 12:05 AM EDT

Like a zombie that just won't stay dead, pretentious left-wing talking head Keith Olbermann has somehow managed to find a way to befoul Americans' living rooms once more.

Thankfully, unless you are a baseball junkie, you won't have to witness his bloviations since Olbermann is scheduled to serve as a host for the Turner Broadcasting System's coverage of post-season Major League Baseball playoff games.

By Noel Sheppard | June 4, 2013 | 1:03 AM EDT

It's thankfully been a long, long time since we've heard from Keith Olbermann.

Unfortunately, he came out of the bathtub long enough on Monday to give a Twitter follower his opinion of Attorney General Eric Holder saying, "He should've resigned or been dismissed after the AP overreach. Instead he made a Fox News figure a martyr":

By Noel Sheppard | March 15, 2013 | 8:34 AM EDT

As the Dow Jones Industrial Average makes a new high every day, the value of Keith Olbermann's stock continues to plummet.

According to Dylan Byers at Politico, the former MSNBC blowhard "spent last fall talking to all the major networks, and he couldn't get a job."

By Matthew Sheffield | March 14, 2013 | 1:55 AM EDT

Keith Olbermann, the whiney, deranged former MSNBC anchor has settled a lawsuit he had filed against his former employer Current TV, taking home far less than he had been asking for.

According to the New York Post, Olbermann and attorneys representing the former owners of Current TV, which was sold to the Qatari-government-owned Al Jazeera network earlier this year, reached a deal to give him a $5 million payout instead of the $50 million he had sued for.

By Matthew Sheffield | March 4, 2013 | 12:03 PM EST

After a few months crying in the bathtub, disgraced left-wing television personality Keith Olbermann has crawled back out into public view in an effort to beg sports network ESPN to hire him back. 

Nothing has come of his efforts so far but the New York Times reports that Olbermann has at least been given a meeting with ESPN president John Skipper.

By Mark Finkelstein | February 5, 2013 | 7:38 AM EST

Imagine the apoplectic Precious Perfect Special Comment rage Keith Olbermann [remember him?] would have worked himself into had this memo come to light under W . . .

Unusual candor from Mika Brzezinski and Harold Ford, Jr. on the double standard that exists for Republicans and Democrats.  Discussing on today's Morning Joe the Obama administration memo that has been uncovered authorizing the use of drone strikes to kill U.S. citizens abroad, Mika admitted that there would have been a "huge controversy" if such a memo had surfaced during the Bush administration. Ford said that "Democrats have to think now about how they conducted themselves and the questions they raised about Bush administration tactics." Joe Scarborough flatly declared that had the policy come to light under Bush, it would have been "stopped" by the ensuing outcry. View the video after the jump.

By Matt Hadro | February 4, 2013 | 6:21 PM EST

The former president of CNN/U.S. doesn't regret bringing Piers Morgan to CNN and reaffirmed his desire to hire Keith Olbermann away from MSNBC in 2010, in an interview with HuffPost Live.

When asked if he regretted hiring Piers Morgan, Jon Klein replied "as a viewer I don't regret it. I mean, I watch him all the time." When pressed about Olbermann, Klein admitted his "foresight" in wanting the liberal host to move to CNN, noting "it would have made things a lot more difficult for MSNBC."