By Curtis Houck | October 2, 2014 | 6:29 PM EDT

NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams conducted a question and answer session on Facebook following Wednesday night’s program and defended his over 4-minute-long interview with actor and activist Ben Affleck that aired on Tuesday night after a woman asked him why such an interview would air “promoting his new movie on a hard news show.”

Williams responded by equating his show to a newspaper in that “newspapers have sections, and life’s too short.” He said that he “could EASILY [emphasis his] fill the entire 30 minute slot with nothing but hard news, especially in our post 9-11 era. But there’s variety to life.”

By Sean Long | July 11, 2014 | 2:11 PM EDT

Editor's Note: This article contains offensive language.

Need more evidence that progressive political correctness only extends to favored groups? Look no further than Facebook.

Amidst a mounting Israeli campaign against Hamas terrorists in the Gaza Strip, Facebook has become a hotbed of anti-Israel sentiment. While Facebook’s official community standards forbid hate speech and threats of violence, the social media site has so far failed to remove repeated insults and vicious threats against Israel and Jews in general.

By Jack Coleman | April 26, 2014 | 9:05 PM EDT

Left-wing court jester Bill Maher has shown a delightful willingness to insult other liberals, such as when he went after them as apologists for Joe Stalin, MSNBC's obsession with Bridgegate, and Michelle Obama sounding awkwardly similar to GOP congressman Paul Ryan.

Last night the pattern continued, though this time Maher made sure to malign conservatives even more, lest anyone get the wrong impression. (Video after the jump)

By Stephen Gutowski | February 13, 2009 | 12:58 AM EST

In yet another example of flag spamming and poor corporate over sight Facebook decided this week to remove an ad from the conservative group Americans for Prosperity. The group was advertising a petition on their site nostimulus.com which lets people voice their opposition to the near $800 billion stimulus going through congress right now.

After originally screening and approving the ad CNS News, a sister site of NewsBusters and the Media Research Center, reports that Facebook claimed to have received some complaints from users. They then proceeded to put a disapproval notice on it and then yank it from the site all together and notified Americans for Prosperity of their reasoning:

Once the NoStimulus.com Web site started getting a large volume of visitors, Kerpen told CNSNews.com, “they put a disapproval notice on it and they pulled the ad."