By Mark Finkelstein | December 31, 2015 | 8:39 AM EST

"Is that right? Fourteen??" That's Alisyn Camerota, 1:21 into the video clip. The shock and incredulity in the voice of the CNN host is stupendous! Yes, who could possibly imagine that, as CNN commentator Errol Louis stated, there are 14 women who could potentially make allegations of improprieties against Bill Clinton.

If Camerota had consulted CNN's own files, she wouldn't be so shocked. The Starr report includes Monica Lewinsky's testimony that Clinton personally told her that "he had had hundreds of affairs" before the age of 40. And Dick Morris is on record saying Clinton had "hundreds of women" just during his time in the White House. Whatever the precise number, does Camerota assume that Clinton conducted himself like Sir Galahad in all his encounters?

By Katie Yoder | February 8, 2013 | 4:27 PM EST

Last night, Joy Behar showed her “concern” over Fox News’ firing of commentator Dick Morris.

“Okay, Fox News has gotten rid of Dick Morris … but don’t worry, there’s no shortage of dicks at Fox,” Behar crudely remarked during her show “Joy Behar: Say Anything!” on Feb. 7. Her show airs on Current TV. Behar continued her Fox News Channel bashing by citing Fox’s loss in prime time ratings before noting how Fox “dumped” Morris and former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. 

By Randy Hall | December 13, 2012 | 4:00 PM EST

After Karl Rove disagreed with other Fox News Channel contributors that President Obama had won re-election on the night of Nov. 6, a reporter for the New York Magazine website has claimed that network president Roger Ailes was “angry” at the GOP strategist's “tantrum,” which led to Rove being “benched” from the cable channel for 27 days.

In a story on the subject, Gabriel Sherman relied on many anonymous “sources” to claim that “Rove's meltdown” resulted in his banishment by Ailes, who sought to “reposition” the news channel “in the post-election media environment.” In truth, according to Fox officials who spoke on the record, Rove has been less of a presence on the channel because the election has ended.

By Noel Sheppard | November 10, 2012 | 4:53 PM EST

CNN's Anderson Cooper asked a question on CBS's Late Show Friday that some might consider a bit indelicate.

"How does Dick Morris still have a job?" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

By Matthew Sheffield | September 27, 2012 | 9:40 AM EDT

Veteran pollster Dick Morris who has worked for politicians of both parties has joined the fray in discussing recent polling featuring unusually large numbers of Democrats proportionate to Republicans.

Those polls produce doubtful results, not because they are being skewed to include more Democrats but because they are being artificially skewed to more resemble a 2008 electorate model. While most of the pollsters are refusing to weight their results against a party ID poll, according to Morris they are artificially weighting them according to various age and racial demographics:

By Noel Sheppard | July 30, 2012 | 11:33 PM EDT

"I guarantee you, Sean, based on what I’ve heard from third parties or I’ve spoken to that William Jefferson Clinton is going to cast his ballot for Mitt Romney."

So said former Clinton adviser Dick Morris on Fox News's Hannity Monday (video follows with transcript).

By Jill Stanek | February 16, 2012 | 10:53 AM EST

I wrote last week about a theory put forth by Washington Post's Sarah Kliff that abortion proponents were shifting strategies to focus on contraceptives rather than abortion, the reason being their own polls show abortion is no longer a winning issue with young people and women, but contraception is.

This week Republican strategist Dick Morris pitched the same theory on Hannity, adding some corroboration:

 

By Noel Sheppard | February 16, 2012 | 9:47 AM EST

Former Clinton adviser Dick Morris took his allegation that ABC's George Stephanopoulos is a "paid Democratic hitman" further on Wednesday saying that the tactics he used on Mitt Romney during the January 7 Republican presidential debate were similar to how the Clinton White House got the media to do its bidding against its opponents.

Speaking with Fox News's Bill O'Reilly, Morris said, "I wonder why ABC has Stephanopoulos on the payroll, and I think making points for the Democratic Party might be part of why" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

By Noel Sheppard | February 13, 2012 | 10:45 PM EST

Former Clinton adviser Dick Morris on Monday accused ABC’s George Stephanopoulos of being a “paid Democratic hitman.”

Appearing on Fox News’s Hannity, Morris also said Stephanopoulos was “under orders” to ask Mitt Romney all those contraception questions during ABC’s January 7 Republican presidential debate in New Hampshire (video follows with transcript and commentary):

By Noel Sheppard | June 20, 2011 | 12:01 AM EDT

Howard Kurtz didn't have a good Father's Day.

After being shocked that Republicans would actually prefer Obama jokes over those about Republicans, the "Reliable Sources" host expressed dismay that Fox News analyst Dick Morris would actually toe the GOP's line (video follows with transcript and commentary):

By Matthew Balan | December 1, 2010 | 4:14 PM EST

On Tuesday's Parker-Spitzer on CNN, ex-Governor Eliot Spitzer ironically worried that too many of his fellow former politicians, who are also contenders for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, are on Fox News: "Never before in our history...has one media outlet with one coherent ideology had almost a monopoly on...half of the presidential nominees and controlled one political party this way."

The disgraced former politician of Client Number Nine infamy raised the apparent problem during the first part of an interview of former MSNBC personality and Mediaite founder Dan Abrams. After noting that "Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum and John Bolton...[are] all running for president and, perhaps more important, they all work for Fox News," Spitzer highlighted a quote from Dick Morris, who stated the 2012 race for the Republican presidential nomination "will come to resemble American Idol, where we watch the candidates perform and vote on who we like best."

By Matthew Balan | November 7, 2010 | 6:54 PM EST

On Friday's Situation Room, The Daily Beast's Howard Kurtz stated that the fundraising activities of Fox News contributors Dick Morris and Karl Rove somehow rose to a worse level than Keith Olbermann's maximum individual donations to three Democrats, which violated MSNBC's policy. Kurtz also suggested that both networks "tighten up on this stuff or just tear up the rule book."

Correspondent Mary Snow covered Olbermann's suspension during a report just before the bottom of the 6 pm Eastern hour. Snow began by noting how the anchor "has become a star power at MSNBC for voicing his liberal opinions, but Keith Olbermann is now sidelined for financially supporting three Democratic candidates. Records show he contributed $2,400 each to Kentucky Senate candidate Jack Conway, and two members of Congress from Arizona: Gabrielle Giffords and Raul Grijalva." She continued that "Congressman Grijalva was a guest on Olbermann's show October 28, the same day Olbermann donated to his campaign."

Later, after recounting how the MSNBC personality has been "a vocal critic of Fox and its parent company, News Corp, for donating $1 million to the Republican Governors Association," the CNN correspondent played her clip from Kurtz, who gave his take on the Olbermann suspension and on the Fox News contributors' fundraising: