Calling the liberal mainstream media the "'shock troops' of the Obama administration," NewsBusters publisher and Media Research Center president Brent Bozell has “declared war on the liberal media” with a new $2.1 million campaign to demand they stop lying and “Tell The Truth!” about Obama, the damage his radical policies have caused, and to cease immediately the character assassinations launched against the Tea Parties.
MRC President Brent Bozell provided these remarks in the live webcast launch of the campaign:
What would have been the reaction of the American people if on Election Day 2008, they had gone to the polls knowing that in electing Barack Obama, they were electing the single most radical socialist in the history of this country? I submit to you he never would have been elected. That's the power of the left-wing media ... I call the news media the ‘shock troops' of the Obama administration because they're the ones doing all the dirty work - for him - so that he doesn't have to do it.
The national campaign -- accessible online at www.TellTheTruth2010.org -- will reach millions of people each week through end of 2010 and includes:
- National television advertisements -3 different 15-second ads about ObamaCare, the Ground Zero mosque and illegal immigration; all issues the liberal media are out of sync with majorities of Americans
- National radio advertisements - 60-second radio ads cut by Mark Levin, nationally syndicated talk radio host
- Mobile billboard and delivery trucks - dozens of trucks circling New York and Washington bureaus of ABC, CBS, NBC, the New York Times and The Washington Post
- Billboards - stationed for 4 weeks in 9 cities: Dallas, Seattle, Las Vegas, Orlando, Little Rock, Lexington, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Milwaukee
- 104,000 petition signers - and growing
Be sure to visit www.TellTheTruth2010.org to sign our petition.