Editor's Note: For the list of NewsBusters T-shirt contest winners, skip to the end of this post. Click here to enter the contest.
Last week we debuted the first installment of "Five for Five," a set of five top five lists comprising the best NewsBusters posts of our first five years.
Last week we began on a light note with The Top Five Media Flubs Caught by NewsBusters.
We continue on the lighter side of things with the Top Five Times NewsBusters Embarrassed the Media. (Also check out a short video-cast with NewsBusters bloggers talking about how they embarrased the journalists)
They are, in no particular order...:
- ...that time we blinded a CNN anchor with science ["Rick Sanchez: 'Too Cold' in Iceland 'To Have a Volcano There'" from April 15, 2010]
- ...when we noted a U.S. soldier in Iraq telling Matt Lauer, "I'd be depressed too if I got my news from the newspapers" [August 17, 2005]
- ...CNN anchor Carol Lin referring to French "African-Americans" [November 11, 2005]
- ...Meredith Vieira's apocalyptic reaction to a mild winter day ["Global Warming Scare on Today, Vieira Frets: 'Are We All Gonna Die?'" on January 8, 2007]
And last but certainly not least, well, we'll let the video speak for itself on this August 15, 2005 gem from Katie Couric:
And now, as promised, the second round of winners in our 5th anniversary T-shirt giveaway.
- Betty G. of Raymore, Mo.
- Brian C. of Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Chad W. of Houston, Texas
- Myles W. of Grapevine, Texas
- Alice A. of Lima, Ohio
- Darrell H. of Ottawa, Kan.
- Susan B. of Willoughby, Ohio
- John W. of Middleburg, Fla.
- Bonnie P. of Genoa, Ill.
- Gary C. of San Antonio, Texas
- Carol R. of Sheridan, Ark.
- Ed P. of Laguna Woods, Calif.
- Aaron S. of Blue Springs, Mo.
- King H. of Monkton, Md.
- Charles D. of Garland, Texas
- Patricia B of Plainview, Texas
- Susan M. of Hutto, Texas
- Robert G. of Fairfax, Va.
- Marian Y. of Horseheads, N.Y.
- Anonymous of McLean, Va.
- Robert G. of Lower Burrell, Pa.
- Mary L. of Milwaukee, Wisc.
- Charles S. of Grand Forks, N.D.
- Anonymous of San Bernardino, Calif.
- Lessie C. of Bonaire, Ga.